Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vancouver Pharmacy reverses discriminatory policy

Look at this letter I just got about Lu's Pharmacy changing its discriminatory policy against non-female-born women. Hooray! Progress!

"I just wanted to share the good news. Lu's has de facto removed their women-born women policy! This has been in effect for about two weeks.

I went into Lu's today with a few friends, one of which is a transwoman who moved her prescriptions to Lu's. They were aware of her trans status as her old name is on her health care card. It was a complete non-issue, the pharmacist was very friendly, as was the volunteer who gave us a tour. They were very sincere, and I must say that I rather like them. The pharmacist even gave my friend a hug on the way out!

They have not made a press release or similar announcement as their Executive Director resigned recently, and I get the sense that they are expending quite a lot of energy filling her duties. They did promise to change their Political Agreements on their website, and it seems that they have to make changes to quite a lot of their documentation.

Hooray for everyone helping to open minds! This is a victory for feminists everywhere!"

No comments:

Post a Comment